Research, Teaching & Professional Experience
ZHOU Quan is currently a PhD candidate in Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information. During PhD, her research focus is mainly about social media use in education and human’s learning behavior. In this research area, she investigates how technologies have changed the way people engage in acquiring knowledge and self-improvement. This research focus is driven by her research interest in exploring the relationships between human and technologies.
- Teaching assistant for CS2024 Web Design & Technologies. (Semester 2, AY2016-17)
- Teaching assistant for CS8700 Culturally Competent Communicator in a Multicultural World. (Semester 1, AY2016-2017)
- Zhou, Q., Lee, C.S., & Sin, S.-C. J. (2017, May). Voluntary Use of Social Media for Formal Learning: An Investigation of Using Self-Regulated Learning Strategies. Paper to be presented at the 67th Annual Conference of International Communication Association (Instructional & Developmental Communication Division), San Diego, USA
- Zhou, Q. (2017, May). Voluntary Use of Social Media for Formal Learning: An Investigation of Using Self-Regulated Learning Strategies from the Social Cognitive Perspective. Research proposal to be presented at the 8th Annual Doctoral Consortium of the Communication and Technology Division, co-sponsored by the Mobile Communication Interest Group (With scholarship), San Diego, USA
- Zhou, Q. (2016, November). Using Social Media for Formal Learning: An Investigation of Self-Regulated Learning and Satisfaction. Paper presented at the 7th Honors Symposium for Asian PhD Students in Communication Research, Hong Kong.
- Zhou, Q., Lee, C.S., & Sin, S.-C. J. (2016, June). Understanding YouTube Usage for Learning: The Social Cognitive Perspective. Poster presented at the 66th Annual Conference of International Communication Association (Instructional & Developmental Communication Division), Fukuoka, Japan.
- Fang, W., Zhou, Q., An, y., Li, Y., Zhang, H. (2013). Cost-aware Workload Dispatching and Server Provisioning for Distributed Cloud Data Centers, International Journal of Grid and Distributed Computing, 6(5), 51-60.
- Fang, W., Zhou, Q., Wang, Z., & Liu, Q. (2013). An adaptive transmission scheme for wireless sensor networks. International Journal of Future Generation Communication & Networking, 6(1), 35-44.