Research, Teaching & Professional Experience
Sapphire is a PhD candidate at Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. She has a Master of Mass Communication from Wee Kim Wee School of Communication & Information, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. She is currently pursuing her doctoral studies in communication under the supervision of Professor Rich Ling. Her research interest is in the area of mobile health and health communication. Her current research is focused on the impact of social ties and mobile technology on the physical activity of elderly in Singapore.
- Lin, S., & Chaidaroon, S. (2016). Developing a preliminary model of situational PR leadership: Empirical evidence from Singapore. Asia Pacific Public Relations Journal, 17(2), 28–45.
- Lai, S., & Lin, S. (in press). Systems Theory. International Encyclopedia of Organizational Communication.
Conference Papers & Presentations
- Lin, S., & Chaidaroon, S. (2015, June). Situational behavior of public relations leaders in relation to their decision-making positions in organizations. Paper presented at the CCI Conference on Corporate Communications, New York, USA.
- Lin, S. (2016, June). Systematic review of empirical studies on mHealth apps. In Using the current evidence of mHealth impact to guide future actions. Pre-conference workshop conducted at the International Communication Association Annual Conference, Fukuoka, Japan.
- Cummings, C., & Lin, S. (2016, June). Review: Public perceptions of climate geoengineering. Paper presented at the International Communication Association Annual Conference, Fukuoka, Japan.