Research, Teaching & Professional Experience
Li Li is currently a PhD candidate in Communication studies under the supervision of Dr. Trisha Lin. She obtained her bachelor degree in Journalism from Beijing International Studies University, China. Then, she completed the Master degree in Media Management from School of Communication, Hong Kong Baptist University. Her research interest focuses on the use and dependency of mobile communication technology, media effects and public opinion in the context of health and environmental issues.
- Teaching Assistance for CS8700 Becoming a Culturally Competent Communicator in a Multicultural World, NTU. (Semester 2, AY2014-2015)
- Teaching Assistance for CS0201 Foundations of Communication Studies, NTU. (Semester 1, AY2014-2015).
- Teaching Assistance for Com415 News Writing and Reporting in Chinese, NTU. (Semester 2, AY2013-2014)
- Li, L. (2015, May). Work-related mobile phone dependency among young working adults in China: An examination of predictors and impacts. Paper is accepted for presenting at 6th Annual Doctoral Consortium of the Communication and Technology Division, International Communication Association (ICA), San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- Panchapakesan, K. C., Li, L., & Ho, S. S. (2014). Examining how communication and demographic factors relate to attitudes toward legalization of same-sex marriage in Singapore. International Journal of Public Opinion Research. 26(3), 255-368.
- Lin, T. T. C. & Li, L. (2014). Perceived characteristics, perceived popularity, and playfulness: Youth Adoption of Mobile Instant Messaging in China, China Media Research. 10 (2), 60-71.
- Lin, T. T. C., Li, L., Liang Z. & Chiang, Y. (2014, October). Understanding symptoms and impacts of smartphone dependency among adolescents in Singapore. Paper presented at 2014 International Communication Association (ICA) Brisbane Regional Conference, Brisbane, Australia.
- Li, L., & Lin, T. T. C. (2014, August). Investigating Weibo posting anxiety among well-educated youths in China. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication (AEJMC), Montreal, Canada.
- Lin, T. T. C. & Li, L. (2013, November). Youth Adoption of Mobile Instant Messaging in China. Paper presented at International Communication Association (ICA) Shanghai Regional Conference, Shanghai, China.
- Chitra, P. K., Li, L., & Ho, S. S. (2013, August). News attention and demographic factors affecting attitudes towards legalization of same-sex marriage in Singapore. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication (AEJMC), Washington, DC.