Research, Teaching & Professional Experience
Currently Jinhui is a PhD candidate from NTU, and conducting research on investigating impacts of interactive technologies on human behavior and well-being. As an accomplished scholar Jinhui has published papers in high-ranked, peer-reviewed Journals such as Cyberpsychology, Behavior, and Social Networking, Asian Journal of Psychiatry, International Journal of Human-Computer Studies, as well as international conferences such as CHI PLAY, APS, ICHI, ICA. He was also invited reviewer for Journals such as Cyberpsychology, Behavior, and Social Networking, SOJ Psychology, and conferences such as APS.
- Li, J., Theng, Y.L. and Foo, S. (forthcoming). Does Psychological Resilience Mediate the Impact of Social Support on Geriatric Depression? An Exploratory Study among Chinese Older Adults in Singapore. Asian Journal of Psychiatry. doi: 10.1016/j.ajp.2015.01.011
- Li, J., Theng, Y.L. and Foo, S. (2014). Game-Based Digital Interventions for Depression Therapy: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Cyberpsychology, Behavior, and Social Networking, 17(8), 519-527. doi:10.1089/cyber.2013.0481.
- Saadatian, E., Samani, H., Parsani, R., Pandey, A. V., Li, J., Tejada, L. T., Cheok, A. D., Nakatsu, R. (2014). Mediating intimacy in long-distance relationships using kiss messaging. International Journal of Human-Computer Studies, 72(10-11), 736-746. doi: 10.1016/j.ijhcs.2014.05.004.
- Li, J. (2014, October). Examining the Impact of Game Interventions on Depression among Older Adults. Paper presented at Extended abstract of CHI PLAY '14, Toronto, ON, Canada.
- Li, J., Theng, Y.L., Foo, S., & Fernando, O.N.N. (2013, September). Content Analysis on User-Focused Support Features of Health Support Sites for Geriatric Depression. Paper presented at the Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Healthcare Informatics (ICHI 2013), Philadelphia, PA, USA.
- Li, J., Theng, Y.L., Foo, S. (2015, March). Predictors of Online Health Information Seeking Behavior: Changes in the Past Ten Years. Paper accepted at the inaugural International Convention of Psychological Science (ICPS), Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- Xu X., Tan P.P., Li, J., Theng, Y.L. (2015, March). Examining the influence of exergames on elderly’s perceived benefits and barriers to exercise. Paper accepted at the inaugural International Convention of Psychological Science (ICPS), Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- Li, J., Theng, Y.L., Foo, S. (2014, May). Coping Appraisal Mediates the Impact of Social Support on Depression among Older Adults in Singapore. Paper presented at the Association for Psychology Science 26th Annual Convention (APS 2014), San Francisco, CA, USA.
- Li, J. (2013, November). A Baseline Study on Depression and Psychosocial Factors among Older Adults in Singapore. Paper presented at the 4th Honors Symposium for Asian Ph.D. Students in Communication Research, Hong Kong.
- Dasgupta, P., Chi, J., & Li, J. (2013, August). The New Face of Political Engagement? : Factors influencing political activity of users on social networking sites. Paper presented at the annual AEJMC conference, Washington, DC, USA.
- Lee, M.J., Li, J., Duh, H.B.L. (2012, May). Designing a character-based input method for mood on a mobile device. Paper presented at the Proceedings of International Conference on Kansei Engineering and Emotion Research (KEER), Penghu, Taiwan.