Research, Teaching & Professional Experience
Xiaoyu is currently a PhD student at Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information. Prior to this, he obtained his Master’s degree in Information Science from School of Information Management, Wuhan University in 2016; and Bachelor’s degree in Information Management and Information System from Huazhong Agricultural University in 2013. At present, his research interests include knowledge management, human information behavior, social media and human-computer interaction (HCI). His research is being supervised by Dr. Alton Y. K. Chua and Dr. L.G. Pee.
- Deng, S., Lin,Y., Liu, Y., Chen, X., & Li, H. (Conditional Accept). How do personality traits shape information-sharing behavior in social media? Exploring the mediating effect of generalized trust. Information Research.
- Chen, X., Deng, S., Gui, S., & Fu, S. (2016). Exploring the relationship between information characteristics and users’ behavior in a Chinese social Q&A community: Evidence from Zhihu. Geomatics and Information Science of Wuhan University, 2016, 41 (October 1):101-105.
- He, W., Chen, X., Li, Y., & Qiu, Y. (2015) What Leads to Readers’ Satisfaction With Mobile News Apps Service? An Investigation into the Roles of Content Originality and User Experience. Chinese Journal of Library and Information Science, 2015, 8(3):76-89.
- Liu, Y., Deng, S., Hu, F., & Chen, X. (2015). The impacts of unique service resources and habit on e-service loyalty in a highly competitive market. Journal of Systems and Information Technology, 2015, 17(4):336-350.
- Chen, X., & Deng, S. (2014) Influencing Factors of Answer Adoption in Social Q&A Communities from Users' Perspective: Taking Zhihu as an Example. Chinese Journal of Library and Information Science, 2014, 7(3):81-95.
- Chen, X. (Under Review). Exploring Behavioral Transition from Information Adoption to Sustainable Information Seeking in Social Q&A: The Moderating Roles of Critical Thinking
Self-Efficacy. Proceedings of the 21th Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems (PACIS), July 16-20, 2017, Langkawi, Malaysia.
- Chen, X., & Chua, A. (Under Revising). A comparative analysis of web-based and mobile-based platforms of a Chinese social Q&A: demographics and services assessment criteria. Proceedings of the 20th International Conference on Asian Digital Libraries (ICADL), Nov 13-15, 2017, Bangkok, Thailand.