Research, Teaching & Professional Experience
- Aravind has a B.Tech degree in Information Technology (IT) from SSN College of Engineering, Anna University (Chennai) and an M.Sc degree in Knowledge Management (KM) from WKW School of Communication and Information, Nanyang Technological University (Singapore).
- He has worked in the IT service industry between 2005 and 2011 evolving from an Analyst to a BI Consultant. His clients included two major pharmaceutical companies.
- His research interests are in Recommender Systems, Information Retrieval, Social Media and Linked Data. His PhD research is in the area of Recommender Systems under the supervision of Prof Foo Shou Boon Schubert and Asst Prof Pang Lee San Natalie.
- He has assisted the National Library Board (NLB) and Infocomm Development Authority (iDA) of Singapore as an Honorary External Consultant for Linked Data implementations.
- He was part of the organizing committee for the fifth honours symposium for Asian PhD students in communication research, held at NTU in 2014.
- His additional responsibilities include android development work for the COSMIC research center at NTU.
- Sesagiri Raamkumar, A., Foo, S., & Pang, N. (2015). Rec4LRW – Scientific Paper Recommender System for Literature Review and Writing. In Proceedings of the Sixth International Conference on the Applications of Digital Information and Web Technologies (ICADIWT 2015).
- Sesagiri Raamkumar, A., Thangavelu, M. K., Kaleeswaran, S., & Khoo, C. (2012). Designing a Linked Data Migrational Framework for Singapore Government Data Sets. Technical Report. Singapore.
- Sesagiri Raamkumar, A. (2014). What's in a Country Name? - Twitter Hashtag Analysis of #singapore. Paper presented at The Fifth Honours Symposium for Asian PhD Students in Communication Research, Singapore.