Research, Teaching & Professional Experience
Anjan is a PhD student in Information Studies. His research, which deals with online misinformation and rumors, is being supervised by Dr. Alton Chua and Dr. Dion Goh.
- He holds a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science & Engineering (West Bengal University of Technology, India, 2011), and a Master’s degree in Computer Technology (Jadavpur University, India, 2014).
- He was involved in a project on Computational Genomics at Indian Statistical Institute (ISI), Kolkata (2011). He developed programs that helped in the publication of the paper entitled “Proteomics in the Light of Integral Value Transformations” in the Journal of Proteomics & Bioinformatics.
- Before starting his PhD, Anjan was a faculty member in the discipline of Computer Science & Engineering at OmDayal College of Engineering & Architecture, India (2014-2015).
- As a faculty member, he attended a faculty development course on research opportunities organized by Kalyani Government Engineering College, Kalyani and National Institute of technology, Durgapur, India (2015).
- Anjan has received formal pedagogical training from a course with assessment offered by the Teaching, Learning & Pedagogy Division at Nanyang Technology University (2017).
- Pal, A., & Chua, A. (2016). Reviewing the landscape of research on the threats to the quality of user‐generated content. Proceedings of the Association for Information Science and Technology (pp. 1-9). ASIST.
- Sarkar, A., & Pal, A. (2014). Application of simulated annealing for routing in digital microfluidics biochip. Proceedings of the International Conference on Computing, Communication & Manufacturing (pp. 222-228). CPS.
- Biswas, D., Biswas, S., Sarkar, P. P., Sarkar, D., Banerjee, S., & Pal, A. (2011). Comparison and analysis of watermarking algorithms in color images – Image security paradigm. International Journal of Computer Science & Information Technology, 3(3), 33-47.
- Biswas, D., Biswas, S., Sarkar, P. P., Sarkar, D., Pal, A., Banerjee, S., Polle, S., Nawaz, F. K. M., & Das, K. (2011). Embedding watermark by pixel bit manipulation. Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Scientific Paradigm Shift in Information Technology and Management (SPSITM), Kolkata, India, January 5-6 (pp. 99-103). IEEE.