- 8 courses to be taken from graduate programmes offered by the School, other Schools in NTU or NIE
- Courses to be fulfilled by 18th month of candidature
- Student must attain minimum CGPA of 3.50 for courses taken during candidature
- In addition, the School may require student to take additional courses after confirmation.
Confirmation and Qualifying Exam
- The student is expected to pass a qualifying exam (QE) at the end of his 18th month of candidature. Upon passing QE, the student will be confirmed as a PhD student.
- The qualifying exam comprises of a confirmation report to be submitted by student by 18th month of candidature. Student is required to give a formal presentation to his review panel. The presentation is subject to a Q&A from the panel. The panel will evaluate the student’s progress, research work, and recommend his confirmation of candidature.
- Upon successful confirmation, the student’s candidature is confirmed and be expected to submit his final thesis by end of 4th year of candidature.
- An oral examination is required by student after submission of final thesis. The oral exam panel comprises of faculty members from the School.