- 8 courses to be taken from graduate programmes offered by the School, other Schools in NTU or NIE
- The 8 courses comprise 2 core courses, 2 method courses, 2 doctoral elective courses within WKWSCI and 2 courses from other Schools within NTU.
- 6 Courses to be fulfilled by 18th month of candidature
- Students must attain minimum CGPA of 3.50 during candidature
Other Mandatory Courses
- HWG702 Teaching Assistants Programme (only for full-time PhD students)
- HWG703 Graduate English (unless exempted)
- Communication/ Writing Training
- A901 Speaking Academia (WKWSCI),
- HWG705 The Craft of Academic Writing (LCC)
- HWG706 Academic Publishing (LCC)
All PhD students need to read at least 2 out of the 3 courses above to fulfill 39 training hours. Each course is 19.5 training hours which is conducted within half a semester.
- 3-minute thesis (3MT) presentation symposium organised by Graduate College.
Thesis Examination and Oral Examination
- PhD students are required to submit the final thesis by end of 4th year of candidature for full-time students or by end of 5th year of candidature for part-time students.
- The thesis will be assessed by examiners from NTU and other universities.
- After the students have made satisfactory amendment to the thesis, the students have to successfully defend their thesis during the Oral Examination before a panel of examiners.
Candidates may apply either for full-time or part-time. To be awarded the degree, students will need to complete their programme requirement within their candidature period.