The Master of Mass Communication (MMC) Programme is designed for those intending to pursue a career in the communication industry. The curriculum exposes students to theory, research and practice and demonstrates how these can be applied to the workplace.
The programme offers two areas of focus: Media studies and strategic communication with an emphasis on Singapore and Asia.
- Strategic Communication: Ways in which organisations communicate to accomplish their goals
- Media Studies: Examine the roles and impact of both traditional mass media and new media on individuals, organisations and society, with an emphasis on analytical rather than on media production skills
Features/Aim of the Programme
- Tailored to help prepare working professionals who are gearing towards leadership positions within the industry
- Offers executive level of knowledge in communication management, planning, and policy with a strong and focused emphasis on Singapore and Asia
- Provides advanced learning for current and future communication and media professionals
Employment is available with the private sector and government institutions, both in Singapore and around the globe.
Some Job titles include:
- Corporate Communications Manager/Director/Executive
- Communications & Events Manager/Director/Executive
- Communications & Outreach Manager/Director/Executive
- Account Manager/Director/Executive
- Brand & Marketing Manager/Director/Executive
- Branding & Promotions Manager/Director/Executive
- Media & Communications Manager/Director/Executive
- Publicity Manager/Specialist/Executive
- Social Media Manager/Director/Executive
Enquiries about the MMC programme may be sent to:
Master of Mass Communication
Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information
Tel: (+65) 6790 5779 (Programme Administrator)
Fax: (+65) 6791 5214