The minimum requirement for admission to the MSc in Information Studies (IS) programme is a good Bachelor’s degree in any discipline.
Preference however, is given to those with
- good undergraduate academic performance at a reputable university,
- good written and spoken communication in English,
- working experience in an information-related field,
- maturity and breadth of thinking and experience,
- passion and interest in the information studies field and
- in addition, foreign students from Universities whose medium of teaching is not in English, an English proficiency test e.g. TOEFL, IELTS, etc. is required.
Applications are to be submitted electronically via the Office of Admissions & Financial Aid (OAFA). Once the application has been submitted online, the hardcopy application package with the printed copy of the online application form and the supporting documents are to be submitted directly to the school by end January for the August intake. You can post the application package to the below address:
Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information (WKWSCI)
Nanyang Technological University
WKWSCI Student Services Centre
31 Nanyang Link
For more information on the admissions procedures, minimum score for English proficiency tests, online application, list and submission of supporting documents and other relevant details, please click here to view the NTU admissions website.