| - Continuous assessment is 20% of the final grade that appears on your transcript when your group |
completes the project.
- Your seminar supervisor grades "CA"--your contribution to the process, including participation in the
seminar and deliverables throughout the year.
- Individual group members' CA scores often differ from one another.
| Product: Click your project type on the right of this page for criteria|
| - When the individual receives her grade at the end of the year, the grade for the final product is 80% of it, |
and is the same for each of a group's members.
- Of this product grade, your supervisor's score is 40%, and the scores of two other examiners (often called
"moderators") are weighted 30% each.
- Moderators don't grade CA or process--only the final product.
If you're thinking, "hey that all adds up to more than 100%," take a closer look at what's getting graded by
whom and how it all fits together.
| What's the curve like for FYP? There's no strict curve. |
But a distribution of grades inevitably occurs; project quality varies, despite the consistently high effort
invested. So be sure to get feedback from multiple channels all along the way to keep your project on track.
| What's on my transcript?|
| - Your transcript only shows one letter grade for your FYP at the end of the project. |
- After the first semester, the transcript only shows an "IP" for "In Progress"--an optimistic assessment!--
which doesn't have any effect on your GPA.
- After the second semester of FYP, a letter grade appears that counts for 12AU in your CGPA.