Students may use the School’s media equipment and facilities for their Final Year Project via Media Resource Booking System (MRBS).
MRBS Terms and conditions
- I am aware of the following terms and conditions of the equipment loan policy and I will adhere to them.
- I will make good to any loss or meet the cost of repair to any equipment damaged by whoever and by whatever caused, during the period of loan.
- I am aware that I will be fined an amount of S$5 per day after the expected return day to a maximum of S$100.
- I am aware that my borrowing rights will be suspended or revoked if I infringed the terms and conditions of loan, and disciplinary action may be taken against me.
Media Resource Loan Counter Operating Hours
Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays (including Term Break)
- 10 am - 12 noon
- 2 pm - 5 pm
Wednesdays and Fridays (including Term Break)
- 10 am - 12 noon
- 2 pm - 4 pm
- Wednesdays and Fridays:
- 10 am - 12 noon
Saturdays, Sundays, and Public Holidays: Close
The Media Resource Loan Counter will be closed on weekends and public holidays
- All check-out/in process will resume the next working day.
MRBS Timing System
1 day (weekday) : 12 hours
Saturday + Sunday : 12 hours
All booking requests will require at least 2 days (12 hrs + 12 hrs = 24 hours ≈ 2 days) advanced booking
Borrowers are responsible to check all equipment are in working condition with no damages or missing parts during equipment collection. Any faults on the equipment must be reported immediately to the Tech Team staff during equipment collection/return process. Borrowers may refer to the equipment description as reference. After cBorrowers will be responsible for any damages or loss as per MRBS Terms and Conditions agreement.
- Standard Loan [Max. hours per day: 12; Max. hours per week: 36 ≈ 3 Days; Total hours allocated per semester: 504]
- FYP/PHOTOJOURNALISM/OVERSEAS/LONG TERM Loan [Max. hours per day: 12; Max. hours per week: 168 ≈ 14 Days; Total hours allocated per semester: 2352]
∙ Advanced Video Editing Suites [Max. hours per day: 4; Max hours per week: 28]
- Final Cut Suites 1 – 4 [Max. hours per day: 5; Max hours per week: 30]
- Final Cut Suites 5 – 8 (inside Audio Suites) [Max. hours per day: 5; Max hours per week: 30]
- Audio Suites:
- DAWS Main [Max. hours per day: 2; Max hours per week: 6]
- DAWS [Max. hours per day: 12; Max hours per week: 30]
- Voice Dub [Max. hours per day: 5; Max hours per week: 30]
Labs Operating Hours
Mondays to Fridays: 9 am to 10 pm
Saturdays: 9 am to 5:30 pm
Sundays and Public Holidays: Closed
Please approach the WKWSCI Tech Team's Office (B1-08) with your Booking ID to access the booked facilities. For bookings after office hours, please call the allocated day student assistants.
For enquiries, please email us at MRBS31@ntu.edu.sg
Request for Equipment Loan Extension, may be done via e-mail or drop by the Media Resource Loan Counter. All extension will be given a ONE-TIME 3 days extension and will be subjected to availability.
Borrowers who are unable to collect the booked equipment may authorize a team member to collect them by including their names and matriculation number under "Team Member(s) field" during booking process. Borrowers may also e-mail us of team member's name and matriculation number should there be a last minute changes on the personnel collecting.
For equipment loans that are to be brought overseas, please seek the Tech Team for advice on which equipment are to be insured. User will have to purchase the insurance on their own.