Lydia Cheng obtained her Bachelor of Communication Studies (Honours) from Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information, Nanyang Technological University in 2018, where she was a recipient of the Nanyang Scholarship. She is currently a Master of Communication Studies (by research) student under the supervision of Assoc Prof Edson C. Tandoc Jr. Her research interest lies in observing how the magazine journalism industry has transformed in response to the digital age.
HONOURS AND AWARDS
- Nanyang Scholarship (Undergraduate)
- Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information Dean’s List (AY2017/2018)
- Nanyang Research Scholarship (Graduate)
- Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information Overseas Conference Travel Grant (ICA 2019)
- CS0204 Basic Media Writing (AY2019-2020 Semester 1)
- CS8020 Understanding Wikipedia (AY2019-2020 Semester 1)
- CS2400 Foundation of Information Analytics (AY2018-2019 Semester 2)
- CS0209 Media Law, Ethics & Policy (AY2018-2019 Semester 1)
- Tandoc, E. C., Jr., Ong, J., Cayabyab, Y. M., Xu. D., Zheng, H., Chew, M., . . . Cheng, L. (2019, August). Social media literacy: A hierarchy of competencies. Paper presented at the 102nd Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication Annual Conference, Toronto, Canada.
- Cheng, L. (2019, May). Magazine gatekeeping in the digital age. Paper presented at the 5th Journalism Studies PhD Colloquium, 69th International Communication Association Annual Conference, Washington, D.C., USA.
- Cheng, L., & Kim, H. K. (2019, May). Motivational factors for eye screenings among middle-aged singaporeans: A formative research based on the theory of planned behaviour. Paper presented at the 69th International Communication Association Annual Conference, Washington, D.C., USA.