- Research Assistant, Multi-platform Game Innovation Centre (MAGIC), NTU, 2016-2017
- Sub-editor, BusinessWorld Publishing Corp., Quezon City, Philippines, 2013-2014 and 2015-2016
- Special Features Editor, BusinessWorld, 2011-2013
- Special Features Assistant Editor, BusinessWorld, 2011
- Special Features Writer, BusinessWorld, 2009-2011
Kong, W. Y., Chen, X., Alvarez, K. P., Ho., S. S. Y., & Cummings, C. L. (2017). Exploring the impacts of food technology beliefs, evaluations, and media consumption on attitudes toward nanofood in Singapore. In Proceedings of the 6th Annual International Conference on Journalism & Mass Communication. Global Science and Technology Forum.
Katrina is proposing a dissertation on communities of displaced massively multiplayer online game (MMOG) players under the supervision of A/P Vivivan Chen. Through this project, she hopes to apply concepts from human geography studies to video game worlds and play experiences. Her other research interests include mobile and computer-mediated communication. Katrina is an experienced writer and editor, having worked at a nationally circulated business broadsheet in Metro Manila for several years. She received a Master of Mass Communication degree from NTU in 2015 and a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communication from the Ateneo de Manila University in 2008. Katrina enjoys video games that involve crafting, exploration, and storytelling, as well as physical-world hiking, paper crafts, and photography.