Xiaoyu is currently a Ph.D. Candidate in Information Studies. His research interests cover three aspects, namely, user information behavior (action), user-generated content (outcome), and user cyberpsychology (underlying mechanism), particularly in the context of social media. His Ph.D. research focuses on a particular group of online influencers who create and share knowledge-intensive content on online platforms (viz., Knowledge Wanghong in China). This research is being jointly supervised by Dr. Alton Y. K. Chua and Dr. L.G. Pee.
Selected Refereed Journal Articles: (* means the corresponding author)
- Fu, S., Chen, X*., & Zheng, H. (2020). Exploring an adverse impact of smartphone overuse on academic performance via health issues: A stimulus-organism-response perspective. Behaviour & Information Technology. doi:10.1080/0144929X.2020.1716848
- Lou, C., Tan, S. S., & Chen, X. (2019). Investigating consumer engagement with influencer-vs. brand-promoted ads: The roles of source and disclosure. Journal of Interactive Advertising, 19(3):169-186. doi: 10.1080/15252019.2019.1667928
- Chen, X*., Chua, A. Y., & Deng, S. (2018). Comparing the web and mobile platforms of a social Q&A service from the user’s perspective. Aslib Journal of Information Management, 70(2):176-191. doi: 10.1108/AJIM-06-2017-0149
Selected Refereed Conference/Workshop Article:
- Zheng, H., Chen, X., & Duan, X. (2019). An overview of altmetrics research: A typology approach. In International Conference on Asian Digital Libraries (pp. 33-39). Springer, Cham.
- Chen, X*., Fu, S. (2019). Who sells knowledge to you? Understanding online identities of knowledge influencers on a pay-for-knowledge platform. Paper presented at the 13th China Summer Workshop on Information Management (CSWIM 2019): June 29-30, 2019: Shenzhen, China.
- Chen, X*., Zheng, H. (2019). Who sells knowledge online? Understanding online identities of knowledge influencers on a pay-for-knowledge platform. Paper presented at the 17th Chinese Internet Research Conference (CIRC 2019): June 28, 2019: National University of Singapore, Singapore.
Selected Working-in-progress Papers:
- “Monetizing online knowledge sharing efforts: A study of Knowledge Wanghong,” collaboration with A.Y. K. Chua and L.G. Pee • “Promoting users’ intention to share health information on social media: The role of confirmation bias,” collaboration with H. Zhao and S. Fu
- “Earning more or less? A study of the variance of economic gains among Knowledge Wanghong,” collaboration with A.Y. K. Chua and L.G. Pee
- Teaching and research assistant of Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (2017- now)
- Residential mentor of undergraduates in Hall 13 at Nanyang Technological University (August 2019- now)
- Anonymous reviewer for the following peer-review journals:
- Aslib Journal of Information Management
- Computers in Human Behavior
- Knowledge Management Research & Practice
- Online Information Review
HONORS & AWARDS
- Outstanding Reviewer, Aslib Journal of Information Management, 2018
- Award for Outstanding Graduates (top 5%), Wuhan University, 2016
- National Scholarship for Postgraduate (top 10%), Ministry of Education of China, 2015