WKWSCI Visiting Scholar Opportunities
The programme for Visiting Scholar extends a specified courtesy title and privileges to scholars of distinction who visit the Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information in order to engage in research and cultural interaction with Nanyang Technological University’s faculty and students. It supports research by individuals who are undertaking projects related to the research strategic areas of WKWSCI.
The Visiting Scholar will be provided with an office space, Internet access and some administrative support. Access to library materials will be given and the successful applicant may also attend research talks, seminars and workshops organized by WKWSCI or NTU.
There will be two batches of application for the visiting scholar.
- Application from 1st January to 31st March for appointment in August of the same year
- Application from 1st July to 30th September for appointment in February in of the following year
The appointment typically lasts between 3 and 6 months in order for the Visiting Scholar to complete the expectations of the appointment. This appointment is non-stipendiary and visiting scholars covered by this programme may not in any way perform in the role of an employee at NTU.
- Have completed a PhD;
- Holds a faculty or other permanent research position at another institution of higher education or research organizations;
- A letter of support from a faculty at WKWSCI who will be hosting you;
- A recent curriculum vitae or resume;
- Research Proposal (follow template)
- Detailed Training Programme (follow template)
- Employment certificate from the current employer indicating that they are allowing you to apply for the visiting scholar position;
- Copy of PhD certificate and transcript of records in English. Official translation is required for documents in other language;
- For degrees acquired from China, submit the qualification verification from China Credentials Verification (www.chsi.com.cn);
- Copy of passport for non-Singaporeans;
- NRIC for Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Residents;
Visiting Scholars are expected to:
- Collaborate with the receiving host faculty on an agreed research topic;
- Acknowledge WKWSCI’s contribution in publications arising from the research undertaken while in the programme;
- Conduct a research presentation to the faculty and students, which will be organised by the WKWSCI Research Office;
Applications and enquiries must be sent to WKWSCIResearch-HR@ntu.edu.sg. No application will be entertained before and after the application date.